Educational disadvantages are the inability of the candidate to handle the educational responsibilities on their own. There are so many categories under educational disadvantages. The categories are for the candidate to understand whether they belong to educational disadvantage classification. This information does not give the candidates any boost for being part of the internship program, but it is to have an idea of the background of the people who are part of it.
Responsibilities As A Carer
A candidate of any age who is having the responsibility to take care of another person due to a disability, mental illness, medical condition, or the need for palliative care for the latter is a carer. The carer should not receive any payment for the care they offer. However, a carer
- Need not be a family member
- Need not live with the person
A carer can even receive the carer payment or Centrelink Carer Allowance. Any volunteers who work for a voluntary organization are not carers.
In Short, a candidate is under the educational disadvantage category if he or she is a single parent of a kid under the age of 18. Moreover, the kid’s responsibility should be to complete that of the candidate, and the kid should live in Australia.
Therefore, the financial issue is one of the criteria for classifying a candidate under an educational disadvantage. A candidate who receives Center link income support payment, Parenting Payment Single, or Carer Payment or expect to receive any of these support payments and who can provide enough documents to prove the extreme financial issues comes under this category.
Difficulty With the English Language
Candidates who have problems in handling the English language as they are from
- Thus, the non-English speaking background or non-English speaking country
- could not learn in an institution which uses English as the medium of instruction
- Therefore, has not gone through the full-time study of more than two years in Australia
can qualify as an educational disadvantage.
Educational Disadvantage: Indigenous Australian
Moreover, if a person is from Torres Strait island or is Australian Aboriginal, then they are regarded as indigenous Australian. Thus, the Australians who are part of these categories as per the community where they live or have lived are also indigenous Australian.
Long Term Medical Issues
Moreover, if the candidate has a chronic medical issue or a disability, has undergone abuse or trauma or has a sensory, psychological, physical, learning, or any other disability, then he or she can be considered under an educational disadvantage.
Educational Disadvantage: Refugee Status
Thus, a person who is a refugee or who has come to Australia on the Global Special Humanitarian Visa is also at an educational disadvantage.
Remote Or The Regional Disadvantage Available For Non-Indigenous Applicants
In short, a non-indigenous person who lived at least a year in a regional or remote location, two years before the current course qualifies to be at an educational disadvantage.
Educational Disadvantage: Regional & Remote Disadvantage For Indigenous People
- Moreover, indigenous people who live in remote or regional areas for a minimum of three years or the ones who finished the college or high school in a remote or regional area of Australia
- the ones who have relocated from a regional or remote area for a significant part of high school, secondary school or college
- Therefore, the ones who lived minimum for two years and move to a major city for undergoing vocational education training for at least two years after the proposed or current course qualifies to be at an educational disadvantage.